Pymble Ladies' College believes that its staff, both teachers and non-teachers, are its most valuable resource.
Be sure to read Why work at Pymble?
our Strategic Document
and our section on Pymble'
s vision, mission and values
The goal of Human Resources at the College is to:
- Provide staff infrastructure and workplace practices that support the operations and innovations of the College
- Recruit and retain outstanding staff who reflect contemporary best practice in their fields of expertise
- Provide quality development opportunities for staff to maintain the highest professional standards and to exemplify best practice
- Increase international exchange opportunities for staff
Please note that candidates for all positions at the College must have the right to work in Australia and will undergo CCYP Working with Children employment screening. The College prefers to only receive applications for positions vacant or expressions of interest in casual teaching.
All applications should be addressed to the Principal.
Please check our Current Positions for academic, operational and gap year staff openings at Pymble.
Academic staff at the College includes all teaching staff in the Preparatory, Junior, Middle and Upper Schools.
Casual Academic Staff
Please see Employment: How to Apply for more information on expressing your interest in casual teaching at the College.
Operational staff are those employed in the areas of Administrative Services, Finance, HR, Marketing, Communications and Enrolments, School Assistants, GMCPA, Property, Health Care Centre, Boarding, IT, and Compliance.
Gap Year Staff
A gap year (also known as 'year abroad', 'year out', 'year off', 'deferred year', 'bridging year', 'time off' and 'time out') refers to a period of time (generally 12 months) following the completion of secondary education studies.
Pymble employs a number of gap year staff who commence in July each year and conclude the following June. Gap year staff live on campus as part of the boarding staff of the College, often in one of the three boarding houses, and are provided with all meals during term time and access to kitchen facilities during term breaks.
Gap year staff duties include, but are not limited to:
- Boarding house duties (including supervising meals and prep and assisting with boarders’ weekend activities)
- Assisting teachers in the Preparatory and Junior Schools (including out of school hours programs)
- Coaching and assisting with sport and sporting activities
Gap year staff work full-time during school term time and are encouraged to travel throughout Australia as much as possible during term breaks.
Senior First Aid and Life Saving qualifications or experience are desired, as is previous participation in community programs including the Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
See Employment: How to Apply to learn more about joining our gap year staff.
For enquiries regarding employment at Pymble, please contact the Human Resources Manager on:
Phone: (02) 9497 7836
Fax: (02) 9488 3071