With an outstanding performing arts centre in which to rehearse and perform, Pymble students have all the inspiration they need to pursue their passion for the performing arts.
Performing arts is a key element within the College from Kindergarten to Year 12. Girls are encouraged to develop creative and performance skills while grasping the historical and cultural contexts of the performing arts.
Opportunities are many in music, drama and dance:
• Curricular music. Offered as a subject through to HSC level, all students in the Preparatory and Junior Schools have regular classroom music lessons. The College also offers private music tuition through the services of qualified, professional musicians and tutors in most orchestral, band and keyboard instruments, as well as voice
• Extra-curricular music. Girls may choose from an array of bands, choirs, orchestras and small ensembles. Performance opportunities and musical experiences abound with musicals, music tours (both interstate and overseas) and workshops with local and overseas artists
• Drama. Each year the Gillian Moore Centre for the Performing Arts hosts four major drama works, including major productions from two extra-curricular drama groups (Pymble Drama Company and Pymble Drama Ensemble). An important part of the Pymble curriculum, drama is an elective subject from Year 9 through to the HSC. Drama students have the opportunity to learn every aspect of production with the production of their own play in Year 11
• Curricular dance. Offered as a curriculum subject for girls in Years 10 to 12 since 2008. Pymble has a specialist dance teacher whose knowledge, enthusiasm and professionalism allows students to learn, develop and refine their dance technique. The course has resulted in an enhanced appreciation of dance as an art form
• Extra-curricular dance. Contemporary and jazz groups exist for students across all year groups and they perform throughout the year at the Gillian Moore Centre for the Performing Arts and at external eisteddfods.