(take a virtual tour - interior, exterior)
The College’s dream of a chapel date back to fundraising efforts that began in 1929. The Great Depression and World War II made that dream economically unfeasible, however, and so it was an especially joyous Pymble community that celebrated the Chapel’s first service on 30 April 1956.
Today the Chapel holds services nearly every day of the year and is a popular venue for the weddings of ex-students.
The Chapel’s interior looks and sounds magnificent. Its organ was built in 1886 and is considered one of the finest of its kind in Sydney. It was originally imported to Australia from a church in Petersham, England and was presented to the College on 7 July 1971. Stained glass windows designed by renowned artist David Saunders adorn the Chapel’s front and back, with newer additions by Saunders-trained artist Pel Fesq along the sides.