Information technology plays an important role in everyday life at Pymble. Instructional, creative, assistive and innovative technology tools are seamlessly integrated into the College’s teaching and learning programs allowing your daughter the chance to achieve her academic goals in a way that would not be possible using traditional methods.
Your daughter is a child of the digital age and the College endeavours to prepare her to succeed in our ever-evolving world. From her first Preparatory School days she will have access to computers and interactive whiteboards. In Year 5 she will gain invaluable experience with the introduction of the laptop computer program and by then she will be fully immersed in the College’s state-of-the-art technology program. Features of the program include:
- Junior and Secondary School students are given a Pymble network username, space on the network to store data and unlimited filtered Internet access. Secondary School girls receive a personal email address
- Computer labs are located in the Junior and Secondary Schools, along with music labs equipped with computers connected to electronic keyboards for music students plus design, image and video editing facilities
- Expansive high-speed wired network complemented by flexible wireless network that links all buildings and outside areas on the Pymble campus
- Boarding house students have network outlets in their rooms and wireless access in common areas to network resources and printers
- Additional technology available for students includes specially fitted out multimedia computers, data projectors, a centralised video delivery system to classrooms, digital cameras, scanners, digital sewing machines, a computer controlled lathe/mill, and interactive whiteboards in classrooms and the Preparatory, Junior and Secondary School Libraries.
- More information about the Pymble Technology Program can be found on the FAQs pages.
The College’s IT helpdesk can be contacted by calling the College.
Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Program
As the College continues its journey Towards 2020, we acknowledge the importance of delivering personalised learning experiences for our students. A key part of this strategy will be to provide students more flexibility in both how they learn and what technology they use. With this in mind, the College implemented a well-researched and supported Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Program for Years 5 to Year 12.
The BYOT program will also provide teachers with new opportunities to design open-ended learning experiences for their students that promote choice along with creative and critical thinking. The diversity of technology available in the Pymble BYOT program will help foster a culture that respects that there are many different ways to solve problems, encouraging our students to unlock different modes and processes of learning. We believe these skills will be invaluable in their further study and working careers.
The Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) Program at Pymble is based upon a comprehensive study of BYOT programs in schools internationally.