We are seeking final or penultimate year Teaching Students to join our casual cover register as Level 4 Teaching Assistants, pending your graduation and accreditation.
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
Join our casual class cover register in support of our academic staff team across both our Junior and Secondary Schools, supervising students as they undertake teacher set or independent work, in the classroom.
As a future teacher, in the final or penultimate year of your Teaching degree (Primary or Secondary) or final stages of a Master of Teaching, casual covers will provide you with valuable classroom management and student supervision experience, all while fulfilling your university timetabled commitments.
Supported by our passionate, talented, and experienced academic teaching staff, joining the College in this capacity will enable you to build your confidence in the classroom without the pressure of curriculum design and lesson planning.
These are casual opportunities, classified as Level 4 School Assistants, and will receive between $40.00 – $49.93 per hour (including casual loading), plus superannuation.
You will demonstrate the following attributes and capabilities:
- Be enrolled in and actively progressing a tertiary qualification in Teaching, with a view to entering the profession with NESA accreditation in the next 2-3 years;
- Hold a current, or be willing to obtain, First Aid certificate with CPR;
- Ability to read, interpret, and implement written and verbal instructions, such as lesson plans;
- Willingness and confidence to familiarise yourself with and encourage compliance with the College’s policies and practices in regard to classroom management and student behaviour;
- Ability to take initiative and proactively problem solve when presented with unusual circumstances;
- Willingness to work flexibly and adaptably on an on-call / as required basis;
- Ability to act with discretion and professionalism; and
- Alignment to and demonstration of a commitment to the College’s values.
Why work at Pymble?
- Competitive, over Award casual rates;
- The opportunity to work with experienced, professional, and supportive staff;
- Exposure to and networking opportunities with leading educators at Tier 1 school, within the independent education sector;
- Professional development support and opportunities.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance prior to engagement.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.