Casual Learn to Swim Instructors
Expressions of interest are open for enthusiastic and passionate Learn to Swim Instructors to join our team on a casual basis.
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent.
We believe our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are our most valuable resource. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
The College is seeking enthusiastic casual Learn to Swim Instructors to join our Learn to Swim team.
You will be part of a community of like-minded Swimming enthusiasts who are committed to promoting the importance of water safety and swimming as a life skill.
Our highly recognised Learn to Swim program is open to both Pymble students and members of the general public with classes ranging from babies (from six months old) through to school aged children.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Teaching children of all ages to swim
- Building trust, confidence and life skills
- Developing safer swimmers in and around the water
- Implementing the Pymble swimming methodology
We have a variety of shifts available throughout the week (9.00am – 12.00pm or 3.00pm – 6.00pm, Monday to Friday).
You will have:
- Willingness to support the ethos and values of the College
- Current Swim Australia or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety certification, or willingness to undergo certification with our support.
- Current CPR certifications
- Previous swimming teaching experience is desired, but not essential.
Why work at Pymble?
- Attractive hourly rates, plus overtime and penalty rates where applicable
- In house training support
- Dedicated and fun team environment
- World class facilities
- No more chilly teaching mornings – year round comfort in our Learn to Swim Pool heated to 31-33 degrees Celsius.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Please note: Submitting an expression of interest does not automatically ensure you will be offered an interview and/or casual work opportunities.