Casual Learn to Swim Positions
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
Please submit an expression of interest (covering letter and current CV) if you are interested in employment in a casual Learn to Swim position at the College.
- Planning, delivering and teaching quality lessons to infant, pre-school, and school aged children in a safe, fun and effective manner
- Participating in compulsory training and professional learning activities
You will have:
- Current Swim Australia Teacher or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety certification essential
- Current First Aid and CPR essential
- Current Working with Children Check
- Previous experience in Aquatic Education or the Aquatic Industry
- The ability to be flexible in your attendance and available at short notice
- Current Swim Australia Teacher of Babies and Toddlers or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant and Preschool Aquatics certification (desirable)
- Current Swim Australia Teacher of Learners with a Disability or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Aquatics Access and Inclusion certification (desirable)
- Current Swim Australia Towards Competitive Strokes or AUSTSWIM Teacher of Competitive Strokes certification (desirable)
- Pool lifeguard certification (desirable)
The working hours are weekday mornings (9.00am – 11.00am); weekdays after school (2.30pm – 6.30pm) and Saturday mornings (7.30am – 12.30pm) with a variety of shifts available within these times.
Please note: Submitting an expression of interest does not automatically ensure you will be offered an interview and/or casual work opportunities.
For further queries regarding this role, please don’t hesitate to contact our Learn to Swim Co-ordinator, Kate Johnstone on firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.