Clinical Psychologist/School Psychologist
Amazing temporary opportunity for a qualified Clinical Psychologist/Psychologist to join the College Counselling Team.
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent.
We believe our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are our most valuable resource. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
The College is seeking a qualified Clinical Psychologist/Psychologist to join the counselling team on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave. We welcome applications from candidates seeking full time and part time hours.
You will be part of a community of seven counsellors who support all students from Kindergarten to Year 12. Our workload is varied with the opportunity to provide ongoing psychological intervention, support and education to enhance the social, emotional and educational needs of students, as well as providing information and consultation to support families and staff of the College.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Counselling sessions with individual students
- Liaison with parents or external agencies
- Collaboration with pastoral care leaders to offer consultation and support into the wellbeing of cohorts of students
- Opportunities to participate in service improvement projects
You will have:
- Experience in providing psychological intervention for children, adolescents and their families within a systemic therapeutic paradigm
- Sound understanding of Child Protection legislation and practice
- Current AHPRA registration.
- Membership with professional bodies such as the Australian Psychological Society or other bodies is desirable
- Flexibility and commitment to the provision of a high standard of professional care
- The ability to provide guidance around child/adolescent wellbeing
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to enable case management and consultation with staff of the College
Why work at Pymble?
- Be in a position to create timely, real and lasting improvements in the lives of young people
- Meaningful staff rewards and recognition program
- Be part of a close-knit team of psychologists and clinical psychologists
- The opportunity to work across the College with experienced, professional and supportive teaching staff.
- Work amidst the beautiful school grounds
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.