Seeking a passionate and experienced Greenkeeper to join our Facilities Team on a permanent, full-time basis.
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent.
We believe our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are our most valuable resource. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
The College is seeking an experienced Greenkeeper to lead our greenkeeping maintenance and turf renovation programs on a full-time basis. The successful applicant will utilise their skills, excellent greenkeeping knowledge and practice to ensure the first-class presentation of the College sports fields, lawns, amenity turf areas, and artificial surfaces across 50 acres of stunning grounds.
This role includes working in partnership with contracted grounds support, assisting in providing expert guidance and direction to fulfil tasks.
You will have:
- A Certificate III in Greenkeeping or Sports Turf Management
- Chemical Application Certificate
- Sound knowledge and understanding of turf management
- Experience in the use and maintenance of plant machinery and greenkeeping equipment
- Demonstrated experience in leading out a work program with the assistance of others
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and partner with staff to fulfill work duties
- Ability to work alone and show initiative
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Passion for an outdoor working environment and able to work in unfavorable weather conditions at times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to enhance team effectiveness
- A proven commitment to safety in the workplace
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation including the WHS Act 2011, WHS Regulation 2017 and SafeWork NSW requirements
- Flexibility in weekend work required for sport
- A full driver’s license
- Understanding of Microsoft applications, email and Work/Task scheduling tools
- Physical fitness sufficient to undertake the responsibilities required
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.