Lead Coach – Diving
Dive headfirst into a varied and exciting role coaching emerging athletes in a world class and purpose built aquatic centre.
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
We have the rare opportunity to join our Diving team, working from our sophisticated indoor Aquatic and Fitness Centre.
You will provide one-on-one coaching to your athletes in the Competitive program and prepare them for school pathways and high-level competition. Working in collaboration with the Head Coach, you will leave a positive impact on the whole Diving program from Recreational to Competitive, by delivering a high quality and enjoyable training environment. Centring around promoting this positive team culture, you will have the opportunity to mentor, develop and empower other coaching staff.
Coaching sessions are before and after school on weekdays, with Saturdays during term times. During the competitive season, additional hours may be required for intensive coaching programs on selected weekends and during holiday breaks.
You will have:
You will display the following attributes and capabilities:
- Current Level 1/2 or higher National Diving Coaching Accreditation, or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with athletes, colleagues and parents
- Previous experience in coaching dryland and strength/conditioning sessions for diving
- Willingness to support the ethos and values of the College
- Completion of Diving Australia Child Safe Education and the Coach’s Code of Ethics
- Current CPR or First Aid certifications, or the ability to obtain these
Why work at Pymble?
- World class diving facilities including aquatic, dryland and gym facilities.
- Attractive hourly rates, plus overtime and penalty rates where applicable
- In house training support
- Strong culture of teamwork, collaboration and support
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance prior to engagement.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.