Seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the team as a qualified Horticulturalist on a full-time basis.
Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent.
We believe our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are our most valuable resource. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
We are seeking enthusiastic applicants for a full trade qualified role.
The successful applicant will work closely with our other experienced Horticulturists on a day-to-day basis who are responsible for the maintenance and first-class presentation of the College gardens and grounds.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your skillset and gain further skills while working across different terrains and contributing to our renowned College grounds.
You will have:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work co-operatively in a team environment
- A great work ethic with self-motivation and reliability
- The ability to follow procedures and work programs as directed
- A proven commitment to safety in the workplace
- A strong sense responsibility and be able to demonstrate initiative
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to all duties
- The ability to work in an outdoor environment where weather conditions can be unfavourable at times
- Physical fitness sufficient to undertake the responsibilities required
- Knowledge of plants and gardening operations is advantageous
- Possession of a Manual driving license (desirable).
- A minimum qualification of a Certificate III in Parks and Gardens or Certificate III in Horticulture.
Why work at Pymble?
- Meaningful staff rewards and recognition program
- The opportunity to work with experienced, professional and supportive staff.
- Work amidst the beautiful school grounds.
- Professional development support and opportunities
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.