Latest Update: Friday 8 May 2020
Great news! Our College Council, staff and I are delighted to let you know that we are now in a position to bring forward our staged Return to Campus plan to commence in Week 3 of Term 2. We are so excited to have the girls gradually return to Pymble from next week, which is two weeks earlier than previously anticipated. As you would appreciate, the situation is more complex for Boarders and our Director of Boarding, Mrs Carolyn Burgess, continues to communicate with families about their Return to Boarding plan.
As you know from our response to every new stage and development of the COVID-19 pandemic, every decision we make is based on the very best interests of our Pymble family.
NSW has done a great job of reducing the spread of COVID-19 and there is a growing sense of safety and security which has led to a gradual loosening of restrictions in the state. We now feel it is safe for our girls and staff to return to campus and this belief is supported by our College Council and leadership team.
Fortunately, we had our detailed weekly Return to Campus Safety plan already well-developed for this moment. This plan will simply be brought forward, with a few alterations. As part of our Safety plan, we also encourage all staff and students to download the Australian Government’s COVIDSafe app.
The table below lists the day(s) scheduled for your daughter(s) to be on campus in Week 3; on all other non-campus days in Week 3 your daughter(s) will continue learning at home via Pymble Online. From Week 4, all students will return to campus full-time.
Please note the following key points:
Week 3 (w/c Monday 11 May)
- Year 12 girls return to campus full-time for learning via Pymble Online on Monday and Tuesday.Face-to-face learning for Year 12 resumes on Wednesday.
- Year 11 girls attend campus on Thursday and Friday for face-to-face learning.
- Kindergarten to Year 10 girls attend campus for face-to-face learning for one allocated day(see table below).
- All bus services will resume from Week 3.
- Dress code for Kindergarten to Year 6 is PE uniform for Monday to Thursday and mufti on Friday.
- Dress code for Years 7 to 12 is full winter uniform Monday to Thursday and mufti on Friday.
From Week 4 (w/c Monday 18 May)
- All year groups, Kindergarten to Year 12, back on campus full-time for face-to-face learning.
- Dress code as above.
Important: We are anticipating the vast majority of students will return to campus on their allocated day(s). We ask all parents to fill in this online attendance form by midday on Friday 8 May.
|Kindergarten||KB, KM on campus||KC, KT on campus|
|Year 1||On campus|
|Year 2||On campus|
|Year 3||On campus|
|Year 4||On campus|
|Year 5||On campus|
|Year 6||On campus|
|Year 7||On campus|
|Year 8||On campus|
|Year 9||On campus|
|Year 10||On campus|
|Year 11||On campus||On campus|
|Year 12||On campus (online learning)||On campus (online learning)||On campus (face-to-face learning resumes)||On campus||On campus|
Please also note the following important information for your daughter’s return to campus, which was outlined in my last letter:
- Pack light – the locker areas will be closed for at least the next two weeks, which means girls in Years 7 to 12 will need to take their bags with them from class to class.
- Bring enough food and water – we would prefer not to have lengthy lines near food service outlets.
- Communicate with us – in order for the College to provide the best learning experience for your daughter, please let us know if she is not intending to attend school by filling in the online attendance form (above).
- Keep your daughter home if she is unwell – the College will immediately request for your daughter to be collected should she present to school unwell.
- Check the College has the right contact details for you and that your daughter’s health plan (if she has one) is up to date.
Thank you for your flexibility and for the trust you have demonstrated in us as we navigate carefully and thoughtfully through these challenging times. My thoughts are very much with our counterparts around the world who are welcoming back students under very different circumstances to ours.
We look forward to seeing your beautiful daughter(s) back at Pymble next week.
|Preparatory School||Prepschool@pymblelc.nsw.edu.au||(02) 9855 7720||8.00am to 3.45pm|
|Junior School||Juniorschool@pymblelc.nsw.edu.au||(02) 9855 7700||8.00am to 3.45pm|
|Middle School||Middleschool@pymblelc.nsw.edu.au||(02) 9855 7611||7.45am to 3.45pm|
|Upper School||Upperschool@pymblelc.nsw.edu.au||(02) 9497 7865||7.45am to 3.45pm|
|Senior School||Seniorschool@pymblelc.nsw.edu.au||(02) 9497 7871||7.45am to 3.45pm|