Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking expressions of interest from school nurses to work in our Health Care Centre on a casual basis as needed. This role is responsible for providing nursing care to students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
The casual working hours will be on call, Monday to Friday with shifts between 7.30 am and 6.00 pm during term time only.
Accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring the health needs of students or staff member are identified and treatment is effectively met
- Contacting parents regarding students perceived health needs when required
- Maintaining accurate student health records
- Issuing medication as required
- Maintaining accurate records on school databases
- Acting appropriately and effectively under emergency pressures
- Completing accident and incident records for students.
You will have:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications including Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- Current AHPRA registration
- Working with Children clearance
- Current Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR training and vocational currencies
- Previous experience as a school nurse (preferable).
Please note: Submitting an expression of interest does not automatically ensure you will be offered an interview and/or casual work opportunities.