Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking a Classics teacher with the ability to teach Latin and Classical Greek from Years 7-12. The position is permanent, part-time (0.80 FTE) commencing Term 1, 2019.
- Be willing to support the ethos and values of the College
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all areas of the Latin and Classical Greek curriculum including HSC Extension
- Employ a dynamic approach in making classical languages relevant to the modern world
- Have a proven track record of creating challenging learning environments which engage and motivate all learners
- Be a positive and collaborative contributor to a successful department committed to improving educational outcomes
- Be confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- Have a strong understanding of the application of technology to enhance learning
- Be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing development and research in relation to your practice
- Be committed to supporting student wellbeing
- Have demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Be willing to actively participle in the College’s coaching program and culture
- Have the ability to demonstrate professional conduct and discretion at all times.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications close 3.00pm Wednesday 21 November 2018.