Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. At Pymble, we foster a world-class educational environment with the importance of global citizenship and a worldwide perspective central to our strategic intent.
We believe our staff, both teaching and non-teaching, are our most valuable resource. We are proud to have passionate and dedicated staff who recognise the unique strengths and qualities of every Pymble girl.
The College is seeking a motivated and organised person to support operational and strategic leadership across all aspects of Boarding on a full-time, permanent basis commencing in January 2021.
The Deputy Director of Boarding is an experienced educator with a special interest in the residential care of students. The successful candidate will reside on campus and will be rostered to work in the Boarding Houses, including weekend on call responsibilities, while maintaining a teaching load of 0.40 FTE.
Central to the role is the care and wellbeing of the Boarders. The Deputy Director of Boarding works with the Director of Boarding to ensure that the Boarding School operations are consistent across residences and aligned to College policies and processes. Maintaining a visible and active presence across each of the Boarding Houses is essential.
You will have:
- A passion for working with students in a Boarding environment and dedication to supporting their needs including wellbeing, academic achievement and Co-Curricular engagement.
- An ability to provide effective leadership in managing, developing and mentoring staff in the Boarding school.
- Dedication to building a strong sense of team and a culture reflected in exceptional outcomes for the Boarding community.
- Knowledge of legislation, standards and practices relevant to the management of a Boarding school.
- Commitment to consistent enactment of policy, practice and procedures that enhance efficiency and effectiveness of Boarding operations.
- Warmth, good judgment, energy, resilience and excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and provide a Working with Children Check.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications close 3.00pm Wednesday 28 October 2020.