Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
This is a significant leadership opportunity for an outstanding and innovative educator to join the Executive leadership team and lead the Junior School of around 500 students, one of the five schools within the College. This role will commence from Term 1, 2020 and involves:
- Setting the standards and leading the delivery of personalised education and wellbeing for students in the Junior School ensuring each girl is known, guided and challenged
- Providing leadership to the staff of the Junior School and creating a high engagement culture that reflects the values of the College
- Maintaining strong relationships within and beyond our diverse College community and supporting the commitment to social responsibility
- Ensuring the social, financial and environmental sustainability of the Junior School through effective management.
- Be willing to support the ethos and values of the College
- Be a dynamic, passionate and capable leader with strategic vision, excellent educational knowledge and relationship skills
- Have a strong academic background with a comprehensive knowledge of the Years 3 – 6 curriculum
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for girls’ education
- Be an instructional leader in personalised education
- Be a positive and collaborative contributor to a successful department committed to improving educational outcomes
- Be confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom
- Have a strong understanding of the application of technology to enhance learning
- Be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing development and research in relation to your practice
- Be committed to supporting student wellbeing
- Have demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Be willing to actively participate in the College’s coaching program and culture
- Possess the ability to demonstrate professional conduct and discretion at all times.
Candidates must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and provide a Working with Children Check.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications close 3.00 pm Monday 26 August 2019.