Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for every Pymble girl that is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College Art, Design and Applied Technologies department have a team of Technical Assistants across Food and Hospitality and Visual Arts and are now seeking a Technical Assistant to provide functional support to workshop spaces, machinery and equipment in both the Textiles and Technology areas.
This role will be worked 29 hours per week, Monday and Tuesday 9.30 am – 5.00 pm and Wednesday to Friday 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm (times may be negotiable) during the term time. The salary for this position is $ 42 580 per annum.
You will have:
- Willingness to support the ethos and values of the College
- Technical competency in the area of workshop organisation, maintenance of a variety of machinery and technology, manipulation of materials, electronic ordering systems and associated risk management
- Demonstrated organisational skills and willingness to use them to support a team of teachers
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and initiative, requiring limited instruction for the timely completion of complex duties
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Willingness to actively participate in the College’s coaching program and culture
- Ability to demonstrate professional conduct and discretion at all times.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications close 3.00 pm Monday 25 March 2019.