(Available for entry in Years 7 to 11 2019)
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a small number of Performance Scholarships – Sport providing full or part remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to students entering Years 7 to 11 who have a demonstrated ability in a particular sporting activity.
Please note that the scholarship selection process is competitive and not all candidates who meet the basic criteria are necessarily awarded a scholarship.
Applicants for the 2019 Performance Scholarship – Sport must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination on Saturday 20 October 2018. The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for overseas candidates).
Please note registration for the 2020 Performance Scholarship – Sport will open in 2019.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 6 to Year 10 and at least 11 years of age on 31 December 2018.
- Successful candidates must commence in 2019.
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services (AAS). Candidates must register first for the AAS Academic Scholarship examination.
- Candidates must be competing at national or state level (or the highest possible equivalent depending on the sport for candidates in Year 6) in at least one sporting activity (team or individual) that is offered within the Pymble Sport and Activities program.
- Candidates must provide a list of achievements in their sport with proof of performance (see Supporting Documentation).
- Candidates must support their scholarship application with two references outlining their suitability for a performance scholarship at the College. The reports must be completed by a school coach or teacher, or a recognised club or regional, state, national or international coach in the candidate’s chosen activity (see Supporting Documentation).
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of ‘B’ grade (or equivalent) academically. There is an expectation of above-average academic performance.
- Candidates must supply copies of their last year of school reports.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain their high performance levels and represent the College as and when requested.
- The Scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for the duration of the student’s enrolment at the College. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
If your daughter is applying for a Performance Scholarship – Sport, she must complete an additional form and supply supporting documentation. The form is available to download from this page and must be submitted to the College before Friday 12 October 2018.
Please note that registration for scholarships has closed and we are no longer accepting portfolios or additional documentation.