Commencing in July, our upcoming Hockey season is looking to build on the success and growth of the Pymble program, and with this brings the need for more coaching support for our students.
With a passion for field Hockey and the drive to contribute to Pymble’s positive and professional coaching culture, you will have experience either in playing yourself or coaching, and ready to step into a team of proactive and supportive likeminded individuals.
You will have availability commencing from July and available to work casually during our school term times (generally two training sessions per week), and on Saturdays, attending various locations for matches. With an emphasis on technique, you will not only instruct our players on the rules and regulations of Hockey, but you will also model sport-like behaviour and determine strategies to help achieve the highest results.
Our kind of team member
You will display the following skills and capabilities:
- A passion for Hockey and working with young people.
- An understanding of, or experience with programs within schools would be highly advantageous.
- Be a driven and passionate contributor to the team’s success.
- Technically savvy with a competence in using the MS Suite and Google applications.
- Excellent communication and relationship management abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
Your kind of workplace
Pymble people are at the heart of what the College offers its students. That’s why every teacher, operational and co-curricular staff member is valued for being the person they are, for the quality of their work, for their diverse contribution and for their wins – big and small. We express our appreciation in many ways, including through recognition programs, story sharing, celebrations, feedback and competitive remuneration.
We treasure our caring, collegiate community, which Pymble people often refer to as the ‘Pymble family’. We also appreciate that our family is not the only one in the lives of Pymble people, so we ‘walk the talk’ when it comes to supporting work-life balance, providing family benefits and contributing to community connections.
Your kind of benefits
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- mentoring groups and professional development support
- access to our Aquatic and Fitness Centre, with free Yoga and Pilates classes
- daily morning tea and onsite cafes
- discounted school fees (where applicable)
- a dedicated Staff Wellbeing team and regular social events, and
- easy access with close public transport and onsite or nearby (street) parking.
We also provide a wide range of opportunities for Pymble people to grow personally and professionally, including through growth strategies, training and professional development, career progression, access to technology and resources, and health and wellbeing opportunities.
Our kind of process
Please submit your application via the form below. Our process normally involves 2 rounds of interviews and reference checks.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance prior to engagement.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 3.00PM Friday 16 June 2023.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may occur prior to the closing date.