Biggest morning tea for 2200-plus!
Wednesday 18 May, 2016
Community spirit, generosity and fun and games were in abundance at the Biggest Morning Tea held on the Main Oval on the morning of Wednesday 18 May.
Approximately 200 parents and guests joined our 2000-plus Kindergarten-Year 12 students, along with teachers and staff for light refreshments and to enjoy a delightful performance from our Preparatory School Choir, as well as a variety of novelty races and maypole activities.
Attendees – many of whom were decked out in Pymble’s red, blue and white colours – were also treated to a unique musical experience by our special guests, 100%hOPE Children’s Choir who were visiting from their homeland, Uganda.
The 100% hOPE Choir’s acapella performance provided a sneak peak of their upcoming concert, which also features Pymble Junior and Senior School dance groups and choirs, at 7pm on Monday 23 May in the Gillian Moore Centre for Performing Arts.
The role of Master of Ceremonies was shared by Pymble Co-Captains of Community Service, Anna Maxwell and Joanna Bradley. Principal Mrs Vicki Waters also took to the stage for a warm welcome to all guests, and to award prizes for best dressed students and staff. They are:
- First place: Allegra Oddone-Bransgrove (Year 1V)
- Second place: Bathannie Chen (KD)
- First place: Isabella Xie (Year 3T)
- Second place: Niesha Gawde (Year 4L)
- First place: Adriana Fydler (Year 7CG03)
- Second place: Alexandra Johnson (Year 7CG11)
First and second place went to Year 9 students with the Red, White and Blue morph suits. They are:
- Linda Peng (Year 9CG10)
- Amelia Boesel (Year 9CG02)
- Tiffany He (Year 9CG13)
- Michelle Turner (Year 9CG12)
- Arielle Madew (Year 9CG02 )
- Jessica Brown (Year 9CG12 )
- First place: Lucy Irish (Year 12 CG06)
- Second place: Mickaela Wright (Year 12 CG06)
- Dr Stephanie McMahon (Preparatory and Junior School)
- Mrs Sabina Turner (Secondary School)
- Mrs Heather Underwood (Operational)
The fundraising for Cancer Council Australia continued throughout the day, filling several big buckets with donations ready for counting.
A big thank you to all who helped to facilitate and support this worthy event – and watch this space for the grand total of funds raised.