The Centenary Sports Precinct is officially open
Friday 8 April, 2016
The Centenary Sports Precinct, a significant capital works project and a fitting commemoration of our College’s 100 year celebrations is officially open.
Miss Bertie Lloyd, ex-student of Pymble Ladies College opened the magnificent facility today before Mr Braith Williams, Chair of the College Council, Mrs Vicki Waters, Principal of Pymble Ladies College, the college council, students, staff and guests.
“Today marks one of the great highlights of our wonderful Centenary year,” said Mrs Waters.
“In the years leading up to this momentous event, our College community has watched as this vast facility has risen from the ground. It has been an undertaking of nearly a decade since its inception, and is a large financial investment by the College and our philanthropically minded Pymble community who have contributed to the project.”
The Centenary Sports Precinct is a link to our past. Pymble was founded on a vision that health and vitality were essential to every girl achieving her potential. That vision resonates today.
It also represents our passion: the value of every Pymble girl. At Pymble, wellbeing is not an after-thought or an adjunct to academics. It holds equal place, with every student’s emotional, social and physical wellbeing of utmost importance. Through the Aquatic and Fitness Centre, we can offer so many more opportunities to advance every girl’s physical wellbeing.
Official opening ceremony video
Thank you to all who attended this significant day in our school’s 100 year history.
Special thanks to all our service providers who contributed to this successful project including:
- ADCO Construction
- Australasia Sports Timing
- Autonomous Energy
- Bay Partnership
- Conrina Masonry Contractors
- Crystal Pools
- EPM Projects
- Geoff Ninnes Fong and Partners
- Haron Robson
- HVAC Systems
- Kerfoot Pty Ltd
- Living Water Design
- Playsafe Fencing
- PMDL Architecture & Design
- Ridgemont Constructions
- S&L Steel Fabrications
- Stone Will Pty Ltd
- Taylor Brammer
- Trisley Hydraulic Services
- VMC Security
- Walan Construction Services Pty Ltd
- Xcite Audio Visual
About the Centenary Sports Precinct
The new precinct includes the Braith Williams Aquatic and Fitness Centre, the redeveloped Mollie Dive Field and carparking, Centenary Walkway, Centenary Artwork and Piazza.
The Centenary Sports Precinct includes the following:
- 50m heated indoor eight-lane swimming pool with multiple diving platforms
- large purpose-built learn-to-swim pool
- multi-purpose fitness centre, incorporating strength and conditioning facilities and consultation and remedial treatment rooms
- additional change rooms and on-deck showers
- underground car park for approximately 230 vehicles
- new playing field (Mollie Dive Field) for hockey and tennis programs
- Centenary Walkway.
Learn more about the Centenary Sports Precinct.