Top HSC marks for our Centenary Year graduates!
Thursday 22 December, 2016
Pymble Ladies’ College is delighted to acknowledge our 2016 Higher School Certificate candidates, who have achieved remarkable results across a wide range of courses.
Key highlights include:
- Three students placed first, third and fourth in the state in a language;
- Sixteen students secured 19 places on the state’s Top Achievers in Course List;
- Nineteen students achieved results in Band 6 (90 or better in a 2 Unit course) or Band E4 (45 or better in an Extension course) in 10 or more units studied;
- One hundred and ninety-two students (out of 262) earned 494 places on the Honour Roll;
- Almost half of the cohort (48%) received an ATAR of 90 and higher.
In addition, several students will have their major works exhibited at the prestigious ARTEXPRESS and Texstyle exhibitions, and a handful of our top stage performers have been recognized for their outstanding talent in Music, Dance and Drama.
This year 262 students sat final examinations in 46 courses offered at the College. In addition, a further 25 accelerated Year 11 students sat for the HSC examination in Mathematics.
“I am delighted to say Pymble students have performed with great distinction, including a First in Course in NSW – an extraordinary result in a non-selective school,” said Principal, Mrs Vicki Waters.
“Congratulations to the Class of 2016. I have every confidence that the values, confidence and enquiring minds they have developed at Pymble, along with their academic results, have equipped them with all they need to thrive and prosper in the next exciting stage of their lives,” Mrs Waters said.
For a full list of HSC results, click here.