Why are year round swimming lessons so important?
At Pymble Swimming, we strongly encourage year round swimming lessons for all levels of swimmers. There are many benefits to participating in swimming lessons during winter. In fact, winter is one of the best times of the year to swim! Classes tend to be smaller, which reduces the child to teacher ratio. Your child is more likely to progress further if they continue to practice and build upon the skills that they have already learnt during the warmer months. It can be hard to re-establish the swimming lesson routine if your child has had a significant break from lessons.
What are our operational hours for Learn to Swim?
Our initial Learn to Swim hours of operation will be:
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings: 9.00am-11.30am
- Monday to Friday afternoons: 3.00pm-6.00pm
- Saturday morning: 8.00am-12.30pm
As our program grows, and there is higher demand for additional classes to be scheduled, we will ensure that all of our customers are notified of any extended operating hours.
When and how will we pay our fees?
All Learn to Swim and Squad families will be placed onto Direct Debits, with payments charged on a monthly basis. The Direct Debit run will occur on the first day of every calendar month. All fees will be charged on a pro rata basis.
What happens if my child’s lesson falls on a Public Holiday?
Our fees are charged on a pro-rata basis. Any lessons that fall on a Public Holiday will automatically be deducted from the fee that you pay for that particular month.
What happens if I want to cancel my classes?
At Pymble Swimming, we will never lock you into a contract. It is your responsibility to complete your cancellation request prior to the end of the current month of swimming, to ensure that you are not debited for the following month. Cancellation forms are available at Reception, as well as on our website.
Are the staff at Pymble Swimming qualified and experienced?
Our professional Aquatic Centre staff are qualified, experienced and proven in the industry. All staff receive training to ensure they are teaching the ‘Pymble Swimming’ way so that our programs display consistency and quality across the board.
Will the teaching be consistent from week to week?
At Pymble Swimming, we place high importance on consistency and will do our utmost to provide your child with the most consistent learning experience as possible. However, there are occasions when teacher changes are required. We aim to ensure that staff members away are replaced by instructors who have the teaching skills to ensure the lesson is of the same quality.
How do I book an assessment?
All new members are required to book an assessment to determine a suitable program and level. If you are a new member, you are required to create a new account with us.
When you are on the new account page, please follow the on-screen prompts. If you need help, please follow the steps below.
- Go to the registration page and enter all details required of the parent or responsible person details (only one per family).
- Enter your email address and individual password.
- Continue to register all family details, as well as emergency details. It is important that all of this information is completed.
- You will then be created as the responsible person for your family, and will be directed to the Login page, where you will be asked to enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, please click on Classes, and then click on Student Profiles.
- You will then be able to Add Students (children) into the booking system, by entering their first and last names, date of birth, gender, email (the same as yours), and any health issues.
- Once you have completed this for all children who will be swimming in the Aquatic Centre (both Learn to Swim and Squad) you will now be able to book in a Learn to Swim or Squad assessment for all new swimmers to the program.