Every school holiday period, the experienced staff at Pymble Ladies’ College Out of School Hours Care centre design and host a Vacation Care program of safe, fun and entertaining activities for school children aged 5 to 12 years old. The program runs from 7.30am to 6.00pm each day. Activities vary throughout the day and allow for sessions of high and low activity. Incursions scheduled for certain days will usually run for a one- or two-hour period. The remainder of the day will include activities organised by the Centre staff. Each day will have a theme that will be incorporated into some of the activities. On excursion days, all children booked in must attend the outing.
Our Vacation Care has been operating for many years and is rated as Exceeding National Quality Standard by Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate NSW.
From Thursday December 5 2019, the Vacation Care will cater primarily for children attending Pymble Ladies’ College.
Vacation Care bookings will be open to:
- current Pymble Ladies’ College students
- future Pymble Ladies’ College students enrolled to commence in the Preparatory, Junior or Senior Schools, including Kindergarten girls commencing 2020
- male siblings (in Kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 2 2019) of current Pymble Ladies’ College students.
2020 Vacation Care programs
- Autumn: There will be no Autumn Vacation Care program.
- Winter: Monday 29 June to Friday 17 July (subject to change due to Covid-19 related challenges)
- Spring: Thursday 24 September to Friday 9 October (closed for public holiday on Monday 5 October)
Hubworks account created and Parent Permissions Form submitted see ‘How to Enrol’
Hubworks accounts must be updated and ensuring all fields are completed correctly. Both parents details re required to be entered for the purpose of a PIN issued for Electronic Sign in, iPay details are current, Emergency Contacts/ Authorisations are updated for collection/ delivery to/from the Centre for the purpose of Electronic Sign In process. Should you have not utilised OSHC service for over 3 months then your iPay details will be inactive. Please re-enter your iPay details on your Hubworks account.
In order to utilise OSHC you must enrol with Hubworks and create a Hubworks Account. You must also complete a Parent Permissions form.
Step 1: Create a Hubworks Account
After reading the below information please follow link to create your Hubworks account ensuring that you complete ALL mandatory information. Incomplete enrolments will be declined by OSHC administration.
Mandatory fields for completion are:
- Child details
- Parent details. Both parents, if applicable, will need to be added for the purpose of a PIN allocated for signing your daughter in (Vacation Care, Before School Care) and out of OSHC (After School Care). Parents will need to provide their email address and phone numbers.
- Parent email address and phone number (This is a requirement for both parents for the purpose of PIN issuance if it is stated under Family status that ‘Both parents at home’)
- CRN’s are required for Parent and child if claiming the Child Care Subsidy. Parent entered in Parent 1 must be the parent attached to the child with Centrelink.
- Emergency contacts and authorisations. Please include address and phone numbers. Any person entered who you authorise to collect your child on your behalf will be issued with their own PIN attached to their phone number in order to sign your child out of OSHC. You can provide multiple Emergency contacts for all those who may, at any time, be required to collect your child. Senior Sisters will also need to be added should they be collecting your daughter from OSHC.
- Medicare details (if Australian Citizen)
- Health information (Doctor/ Medical Centre, Health and Dietary Information, Action plans if applicable)Immunisation certificate is also required to be attached.
- Payment details must be entered into the iPay section of Hubworks before Hubworks enrolment is accepted and bookings confirmed.
Once your enrolment is received you will receive a confirmation email of your enrolment from Pymble OSHC administration and login details will be sent to you from Hubworks in order to access your Hubworks account.
Step 2: Complete Parent Permissions form
Complete and submit Parent Permissions form.
Bookings are made through the Hubworks system so please ensure you have access to your account. You can email us should you require your login details for Hubworks to be sent to you. If you do not have a Hubworks account, please see these instructions on ‘How to Enrol’.
Go to hubhello.com and complete bookings online for preferred days. Should you need help with using the booking system, click here to view a helpful guide. You will be sent a booking confirmation email from HubWorks! to acknowledge receipt of your booking form. To view your days, please login to Hubworks! and click on the schedule tab. Toggle the calendar to the date you wish to view. Booked days are highlighted.
You do not need to make an upfront payment as it will be taken from your nominated account. You will be able to view your successful booking in HubWorks! at hubhello.com. Bookings are essential. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
The cost varies each day, depending on the activity offered. Those who are eligible for the Child Care Subsidy will have it applied to each attendance if they have entered their details in the Hubworks system correctly and accepted their Enrolment Notice on MyGov. You do not need to make an upfront payment as it will be taken from your nominated account.
If a payment is declined, Pymble OSHC will provide families with a seven-day grace period to make the outstanding payment. If this has not been rectified within seven days, the provision of OSHC service will be suspended for the family until payment is made in full. A late payment/decline fee of $25.00 will be charged through iPay for each two-week cycle that the account remains in arrears.
Late collection fee: $5 per minute per child.
All payments for attendances will be charged from you nominated bank account or credit card. Payment details are entered onto your Hubworks account through iPay. Payments withdrawn from your nominated account are paid in arrears on a fortnightly cycle.
Declined Payments: may incurr a fee should an outstanding payment or payment details not be rectified.
Child Care Subsidy
Pymble Ladies’ College OSHC is an approved Child Care Centre. This allows for families to claim the Child Care Subsidy for OSHC attendances. Parents can apply for the Child Care Subsidy through Centrelink.
The Child Care Subsidy is the main payment to assist families with the costs of child care. It is generally paid directly to providers to be passed on to families as a fee reduction. Families make a co-contribution to their child care fees and pay the difference between the fee charged and the subsidy amount.
When making a booking with Pymble OSHC and should you be entitled to receive the Child Care Subsidy, you will be asked to confirm your Enrolment Notice which will be sent to your MyGov account. Once the Enrolment Notice is confirmed the CCS percentage will be then added to your Hubworks account by Centrelink via your CRN’s that were entered on your Hubworks enrolment.
Complying Written Arrangement (CWA)
All families utilising Pymble OSHC service are required, through your Hubworks acount, to sign a CWA. (It is important that you have a ‘Complying Written Arrangement’ with Uniting Early Learning that satisfies the Government requirements). This is a requirement for the Department of Education. The CWA is a legal agreement that Pymble Ladies’ College OSHC will provide care in return for fees and will outline the start date of the arrangement, fees, and booking details.
What to bring:
- A hat. It is very important to remember a hat so your child can play outside.
- Labelled drink bottle.
- If you do not wish your child to wear the sunscreen provided by the Centre please provide your own.
- A spare set of clothes. We may have some water play and a spare set of clothes can be very useful.
- All children are to bring morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and any snacks/drinks required for the day. We have children attending the Centre who are anaphylactic to nuts so please do not bring nut products. This is very important for their safety.
What to wear:
- Comfortable clothes that can get messy! Please label all items.
- A sleeved shirt must be worn. Collared or polo is highly recommended. We spend a great deal of time outside and our ‘sunsafe’ policy states your child must be dressed appropriately. Children who wear clothing that is not appropriate for outside play will remain inside under supervision.
- Closed-in shoes. Your child will only be able to participate in activities if they have sensible, closed-in shoes. Thongs, sandals and heels do not allow children to participate safely in all the great activities we provide.
- Jumper or jacket.
- Please label all items.
Authorisations for Sign in and Out of OSHC
All children are to be signed in/out of the Centre by an authorised person who has been registered on your Hubworks account. Parents have the ability to update their emergency contacts and authorisations on their Hubworks account at any time from their computer, phone or mobile device.
The authorised person signing in or collecting your child will be required to enter their mobile number and PIN when ‘signing’ your child in (for Vacation Care) and out of the Centre (all services).
Should you require a person, (emergency situations only) other than those added on your Hubworks account to collect your child, we require notification by email or SMS. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or SMS 0439 044 279. Photo ID must be provided by the person who is collecting your child. Due to National Regulation a phone call cannot be accepted as an authorisation for collection of a child.
Children must be collected by 6.00pm. A late collection fee of $5 per minute per child is applicable for late pickups.
Vacation Care will be using the Pymble Learn to Swim pool on programmed days during the holidays. The pool will be supervised by a qualified lifeguard and Centre educators. Please refer to the program to see which days we will be swimming these holidays.
If your child would like to swim, they are welcome to join us in the Learn to Swim pool. Please send along their swimmers, a towel, goggles (optional), and a swimming cap. Please ensure all items are labelled. On the ‘Book Me’ section of Hubworks! you will be asked to acknowledge that your child is able to swim, unless you inform us otherwise. Other activities will be offered for those children who are not swimming.
Please ensure full details of your child’s medical conditions, if applicable, are entered on your Hubworks account. If your child is known to have an anaphylactic reaction or episode to any allergen then it is imperative that, upon enrolment, parents provide a current (printed copy) action plan that includes a photo of your child. Parents must supply an EpiPen labelled in a small container, if this is part of your action plan. If your child is known to have asthma, then it is imperative that, upon enrolment, parents provide a current asthma plan, which includes a recent photo of your child. Medication must be sent with your child in a clearly labelled container.
If your child is unwell, please keep them at home. If your child is unwell on arrival at the Centre, then you will be asked to take them home. If your child becomes unwell during the course of the day, you will be contacted to arrange an alternative care plan.
Credits for absences will only be issued if a copy of a Medical Certification form a General Practitioner (GP) is received no later than two weeks from the final day of Vacation Care.
Cancellations can be made up until 2 weeks prior to the commencement of the Vacation Care period. After this, you may request via email to swap to an alternative day should it be available. Credits for absences will only be issued if a copy of a Medical Certification from a General Practitioner (GP) is received no later than two weeks from the final day of Vacation Care.