Pymble Ladies’ College OSHC provides quality care for children from Kindergarten to Year 6 in the Junior School campus next to the John Reid Building. Our highly-qualified educators provide an exciting play-based curriculum that adheres to the National Quality Standards and encompasses the My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia. We manage our programs in accordance with National and NSW laws and regulations.
Why Pymble LC OSHC?
- All educators have Working with Children Checks and are trained in CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and/or Applied First Aid.
- A nutritious and varied breakfast/afternoon tea will be provided each day.
- Hassle free drop off at Before School Care. Parents can drop their daughters at the Preparatory carline and they will be accompanied to the OSHC centre.
- Homework supervision between 3.15pm and 4.15pm each day.
- Music rooms available for practice between 3.30 and 4.30 pm Monday- Thursday on request.
- Fun, child based program.
- Strong connections with Pymble families.
Before School Care
Program Hours: 7.00am to 8.30am (during school term)
Fee: $13.50 per morning (2020 rate)
After School Care
Program Hours: end of the school day until 6.30pm (during school term)
Fee: $31.00 per afternoon (2020 rate)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to enrol.
What to Bring and what is provided for Before and After School Care:
- Hats are provided however children are welcome to wear their own school play hat.
- If you do not wish your child to wear the sunscreen provided by the Centre, please provide your own.
- Breakfast is provided for Before School Care and afternoon tea is provided for After School Care. Please be mindful that we have children attending the centre who are allergic to nuts, so please do not bring nut products should your child wish to bring their own food to OSHC centre. This is very important for their safety. Children have access to water however your child can bring their own labelled drink bottle should they wish.
- Please ensure all your child’s clothing/belongings are labelled.
- Girls are required to wear their school approved uniform (school uniform or tracksuit). Girls who participate in an afternoon co-curricular activity will be given time to change for their activity if required however must change back into their school uniform or tracksuit on return to OSHC.
If your child has anaphylaxis or asthma, she will be able to attend Pymble LC OSHC once we have received the following:
- 1. An updated asthma/anaphylaxis plan
- 2. Medication in original packaging within use by dates
- 3. Risk Minimisation plan completed in conjunction with the Centre
How to Book
The Pymble OSHC Centre offers quality Out of School Hours Care and Vacation Care programs. New families must click on ‘How to Enrol’ before making a booking. Families who are already enrolled must ensure their account information is up to date in Kidsoft before they can make a booking via the iParent portal.
Kidsoft link: https://parentslogin.kidsoft.com.au/
Please refer to the below instruction manuals for your required booking.
OSHC fees are as follows:
- BSC Regular and Casual attendance: $13.50 flat rate
- BSC Casual booking (less than 12 hours notice): $17.50 flat rate
- ASC Regular and Casual attendance: $31 flat rate
- ASC Casual booking (less than 24 hours notice): $35 flat rate
- Non-notification fee of absence or changes to afternoon attendance schedules: $7.50
- Late Collection fee: $5 per minute, per child
- Holiday Program varies according to activities
All payments for attendances will be charged from your nominated bank account or credit card.
Payment details are entered onto your Kidsoft iDebitpro account.
Payments withdrawn from your nominated account are paid in arrears on a fortnightly cycle.
The Child Care Subsidy is credited via your Kidsoft account as a fee reduction based on the percentage entitlement (see Child Care Subsidy)
Declined Payments: may incur a fee should an outstanding payment or payment details not be rectified
Child Care Subsidy
Pymble Ladies College OSHC is an approved Child Care Centre. This allows for families to claim the Child Care Subsidy for OSHC attendances. Parents can apply for the Child Care Subsidy through Centrelink.
The Child Care Subsidy is the main payment to assist families with the costs of child care. It is generally paid directly to providers to be passed on to families as a fee reduction. Families make a co-contribution to their child care fees and pay the difference between the fee charged and the subsidy amount.
If you are entitled to receive the Child Care Subsidy and booking with Pymble LC OSHC, you will be asked to confirm your Enrolment Notice, which will be sent to your MyGov account. Once the enrolment notice is confirmed, the CCS percentage will then be added to your Kidsoft account by Centrelink via your CRN’s that were entered on your Kidsoft enrolment.
For further information regarding the Child Care subsidy, visit www.education.gov.au/child-care-package-families or www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/assistance-child-care-fees or contact Centrelink on 136 150.
Complying Written Agreement (CWA)
All families utilising Pymble OSHC service are required, through your Kidsoft account, to sign a CWA (You must have a ‘Complying Written Arrangement’ with Uniting Early Learning that satisfies the Government requirements). This is a requirement for the Department of Education. The CWA is a legal agreement that Pymble Ladies College OSHC will provide care in return for fees and will outline the start date of the arrangement, fees, and booking details.
Authorisations for sign in and out of OSHC
Children must be signed in/out of the Centre by an authorised person who has registered in your Kidsoft account. Please email email@example.com if you would like to add or update an emergency contact.
The authorised person signing in or collecting your child will be required to enter their mobile number and PIN when ‘signing’ your child in/out of the Centre.
Before School Care
Parents will be met at the car line by one of the Centre’s educators, who will assist you to sign in your child. Children arriving at school before 8.00am (Preparatory School girls) and 7.45am (Junior School girls) will be signed into the Centre and attend Before School Care. If your child has an early lesson or sports session at Preparatory or Junior School, please let the educator know, and they may go straight to their lesson without signing in. Preparatory girls will be accompanied to school at the end of Before School Care. Junior School girls will make their own way to their classrooms.
After School Care
If your daughter is attending a co-curricular activity that starts later in the afternoon, you are welcome to pick her up from school and accompany her to her activity or stay with her on school grounds until the activity start time. If this is not possible, your daughter will be required to attend the OSHC Centre and remain there until her lesson time. (Applicable charges will be applied.) This is to ensure the safety of your child on the school grounds.
Preparatory School girls who attend OSHC and have an afternoon activity, will be picked up directly from the Preparatory School or the OSHC Centre (depending on the start time of the activity) and accompanied to their activity. Preparatory School girls will be returned to OSHC Centre at the activity’s conclusion or as per your instruction noted on the applicable form. Preparatory Administration co-ordinates walkers to transfer children to and from OSHC and co-curricular activities as per your instructions on your child’s ‘Travel Arrangements’.
Walkers are available Monday to Friday until the conclusion of 5.00pm lessons. Please ensure you do not book your child into any co-curricular activities that conclude after 5.00pm should they require a walker to return your child to OSHC. Should there be any temporary changes to your child’s after school care arrangements, an email notification to Preparatory School Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) and OSHC (email@example.com) is required. Staff will sign children into OSHC on your child’s arrival at OSHC.
Any child not collected from carline by the applicable time will be sent to OSHC for collection and signed out by an authorised person.
Junior School girls will make their own way to and from their activities as per your instructions on the applicable booking.
Senior Sister Pickup
If your daughter is waiting at the OSHC Centre for collection by a Secondary School sister, she will be cared for free-of-charge up until 3.30pm. Please make a ‘Senior Sister’ booking via the Kidsoft iParent portal. Should we not receive a booking full ASC fees will be applied. Please note that no afternoon tea is provided with this free service, and the Senior Sister must collect your daughter. Should a parent collect, your daughter full ASC fees will be applied.
Families will be charged $5.00 per minute, per child, after the Centre closing time of 6.30pm.
We rely on parent communication to keep us informed when your child will be absent from their usual OSHC attendance. We also require communication when there are any changes to their advised afternoon activity schedule. Whilst we do have information regarding some of the events within the College we cannot assume your daughter’s participation and therefore rely on your communication should your daughter be absent due to illness, camps, carnivals, sporting events, concerts, dance rehearsals, etc.
Please note that, in accordance with Out of School Hours Care National Regulations and in the interest of child safety, PymbleLC OSHC Centre will charge a Non-Notification of Absence Fee. This means that a fee of $7.50 will be charged to your Kidsoft account if an SMS message or phone call from the Centre is required to confirm your child’s absence from their scheduled After School Care session.
To avoid this charge, parents and carers are required to confirm or advise the Centre of any changes to their daughter’s co-curricular attendance schedule and to notify the Centre if their child will not be attending a scheduled session in After School Care. You can also avoid this charge by cancelling the booking via Kidsoft iParent portal before receiving the Non-Notification text.
Please provide notification in writing for absences:
- Carbon Copy (cc) firstname.lastname@example.org sending notifications to the Preparatory or Junior Schools regarding your daughter’s absences from school.
- Email: email@example.com advise the Centre of absences, changes to OSHC bookings or changes to co-curricular schedules.
- SMS: 0439 044 279 if your child will be absent from a scheduled session at the Centre.
If your daughter attends OSHC after co-curricular activities, we allow her 15 minutes to arrive at the Centre after her activity concludes before beginning the process of contacting you via SMS or a phone call to confirm her non-attendance.
Thank you for supporting the Centre in maintaining the highest standard in ‘duty of care’ for your daughter.
A notice period of one week is required when cancelling permanent and 12 hours for casual bookings in Kidsoft. Senior Sister bookings can be modified up to one hour before attendance.
Please note for those that claim the Child Care Subsidy, the Subsidy will not be paid for absences submitted after a child’s last day of child care. This includes where:
- A family has confirmed their child’s last day at a service, but that child does not physically attend their last booked sessions of care (this applies to absences during Pymble OSHC one-week cancellation period.
- A provider continues to charge fees for sessions of care after a child has left the service, because the family did not give the agreed period of notice that they no longer require child care.
These documents are available for review and feedback at the Centre.
We encourage the thoughts of all parents/guardians and children through face-to-face discussion or email