Pymble Ladies’ College OSHC provides quality care for children from Kindergarten to Year 6 in the Junior School campus next to the John Reid Building. Our highly-qualified educators provide an exciting play-based curriculum that adheres to the National Quality Standards and encompasses the My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia. We manage our programs in accordance with National and NSW laws and regulations.
Why Pymble LC OSHC?
- All educators have Working with Children Checks and are trained in CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis, and/or Applied First Aid.
- A nutritious and varied breakfast/afternoon tea will be provided each day.
- Hassle free drop off at Before School Care. Parents can drop their daughters at the Preparatory carline and they will be accompanied to the OSHC centre.
- Homework supervision between 3.15pm and 4.15pm each day.
- Music rooms available for practice between 3.30 and 4.30 pm Monday- Thursday.
- Fun, child based program.
- Strong connections with Pymble families.
Before School Care
Program Hours: 7.00am to 8.30am (during school term)
Fee: $13.00 per morning (2018 rate)
After School Care
Program Hours: end of the school day until 6.30pm (during school term)
Fee: $29.00 per afternoon (2018 rate)
New parents need to enrol their child prior to booking a place in our programs. Please follow these steps to enrol your child:
- Go to pymblelc.hubworks.com.au.
- Click on ‘Enrol’.
- Complete the enrolment form and remember to include Customer Reference Number/s (CRN) if you are claiming the Child Care Rebate or Child Care Benefit. An individual number is required for both parent and child. Please note that:
- Birth dates need to be correct for parent and child and the letter at the end of each CRN should be a capital letter.
- If you are not claiming Child Care Rebate, you will not have CRNs to enter. Your child will still be enrolled at the Centre.
- Check the boxes for the Centres you will be using – Before, After or Vacation Care. It is advisable to enrol in all three.
- A preferred payment method will be required before enrolment is accepted.
- Payment details must be entered into the HubDebit section of HubWorks before bookings are confirmed.
- New families complete and submit this permission form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email confirming your enrolment.
OSHC - Regular Bookings
Please click on the button below to download the booking form.
OSHC - Casual Bookings
Casual booking requests can be emailed to email@example.com. Please note you will be charged a $5.00 late booking fee (casual or permanent) if you give less than 24 hours’ notice.
For safety reasons, you will also need to email or phone the Preparatory or Junior School administration offices so that the College is aware of your daughter’s afternoon arrangements.
What to Bring
- A hat. It is very important to remember a hat so your child can play.
- Labelled drink bottle.
- If you do not wish your child to wear the sunscreen provided by the Centre, please provide your own.
- All children to bring morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and any snacks/drinks required for the day. We have children attending the centre who are allergic to nuts, so please do not bring nut products. This is very important for their safety.
What to Wear
- Comfortable clothes that can get messy!
- A sleeved shirt must be worn – collared or polo is highly recommended. We spend a great deal of time outside and our ‘sun-safe’ policy states your child must be dressed appropriately. Children who wear clothing that is not appropriate for outside play will be provided with sun-safe shirts. Sun-safe hats are provided for children who forget their own hats.
- A spare set of clothes. We may have some water play and a spare set of clothes would be a great idea.
- Closed-in shoes. Your child will only be able to participate in activities if they have sensible, closed-in shoes. Thongs, sandals and heels do not allow children to participate safely in all the great activities we provide.
- A jumper or jacket.
Please remember to label all items.
The Pymble School Holiday Program is ‘Approved Child Care’. This allows families to claim the Child Care Benefit and Rebate for Kids on Campus.
The Child Care Rebate helps families cover the cost of out of pocket expenses costs of child care and is not income tested.
The Child Care Benefit is income tested and is usually paid directly to approved Child Care Services to reduce the fees that eligible families pay.
Before School Care
Parents will be met at the car line by one of the Centre’s educators, who will assist you to sign in your child. Children arriving at school before 8.00am (Preparatory School girls) and 7.45am (Junior School girls) will be signed in to the Centre and attend Before School Care. If your child has an early lesson or sport session at the Preparatory or Junior Schools, please let the educator know and they may go straight to their lesson without signing in. Preparatory girls will be accompanied to school at the end of Before School Care. Junior School girls will make their own way to their classrooms.
After School Care
If your daughter is waiting at the Centre for collection by a Secondary School sister, she will be cared for free-of-charge up until 3.30pm. Secondary School sisters must sign the sign-out sheet with the initials SS to ensure no charges are recorded for the care. If this is a regular booking, please complete a Booking Form and indicate it is a Senior Sister pick-up.
If your daughter is attending a co-curricular activity that starts later in the afternoon, you are welcome to pick up her up from school and accompany her to her activity or stay with her on school grounds until the activity start time. If this is not possible, your daughter will attend the OSHC Centre and remain there until her lesson time. (Applicable charges will be applied.)
Preparatory School girls will be picked up from the Centre and accompanied to their activity (please arrange this ahead of time with Preparatory School administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org and returned at its conclusion. Junior School girls will make their own way to and from their activities.
All children are to be signed in/out by an authorised person who has been registered on the HubWorks system – this includes Secondary School sisters. This information can be updated by parents in HubWorks at any time from your computer, phone or mobile device.
Parents/guardians may also provide written notification of the name of an alternative person who will collect your child. This can be done in writing and must be signed by the parent/guardian. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com, or in emergency situations an SMS can be sent 0439 044 279. A phone call or message cannot be accepted as an official notification due to National Regulations. Photo ID must be provided by the person collecting your child.
Families will be charged $2.00 per minute, per child, after the Centre closing time of 6.30pm.
Families will be charged $5.00 for bookings that are made within 24 hours of the session time.
If a payment is declined, Pymble OSHC will provide families with a seven-day grace period to make the outstanding payment. If this has not been rectified within seven days, the provision of the OSHC service will be suspended for the family until payment is made in full. A late payment/decline fee of $25.00 will be charged through iPay for each two-week cycle that the account remains in arrears.
A notice period of two weeks is required when cancelling permanent and casual bookings. For booking cancellations to take effect, an email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be charged regardless of attendance if the two weeks’ notice period has not been provided.
Please note that, in accordance with Out of School Hours Care National Regulations and in the interest of child’s safety, PymbleLC OSHC Centre (the Centre) will charge a Non-Notification of Absence Fee effective 26 February, 2018.
This means that a fee of $7.50 will be charged to your Hubworks account if a SMS message or phone call from the Centre is required to confirm your child’s absence from their scheduled After School Care session.
To avoid this charge, parents and carers are required to confirm or advise the Centre of any changes to their daughter’s co-curricular attendance schedule and to notify the Centre if their child will not be attending a scheduled session in After School Care.
Please note, whilst the Centre has access to information regarding College events, communication from you is still required to confirm your daughter’s non-attendance at the Centre.
Please provide notification in writing for absences:
- Carbon Copy (cc) email@example.com when sending notifications to the Preparatory or Junior Schools regarding your daughter’s absences from school.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to advise the Centre of absences, changes to OSHC bookings or changes to co-curricular schedules.
- SMS: 0439 044 279 if your child will be absent from a scheduled session at the Centre.
If your daughter attends OSHC after co-curricular activities, we allow her 15 minutes to arrive at the Centre after her activity concludes before beginning the process of contacting you via SMS or a phone call to confirm her non-attendance.
Thank you for supporting the Centre in maintaining the highest standard in ‘duty of care’ for your daughter
These documents are available for review and feedback at the Centre.
We encourage the thoughts of all parents/guardians and children through face-to-face discussion or email