The opening of Gillespie-McIllrath House by Dr Wallace, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Sydney. It was the first endowed building for the College and contained seven new classrooms as well as a private residence for the Principal.
A system of merit certificates is introduced. First, Second and Third Class Certificates according to examination marks for the year. Only First Class Certificates were presented on Speech Day. The system was discontinued in 1968.
A Maypole Fair is held to raise funds for a chapel.
Pymble wins the Eklund Cup for Lifesaving.
The science block opens (later named Vicars House). The Hon. W.J. McKell, Premier of NSW, opened the building with Principal Miss Knox, which included shower rooms and a dark room for photography as well as four science classrooms.
The outbreak of World War II did not have an immediate effect on the College but steps were taken to protect the school. When Japanese submarines threatened Sydney harbour, students and staff took shelter on the night of 7 June 1942 beneath the Colonnade where an air raid shelter had been set up.
Owing to severe drought the swimming pool is closed for the term.
The first Song Festival is held in place of the Dempster Cup.