A historic occasion as 2,300 students and staff gather in the Gloucester Quadrangle for a whole school photograph. Principal Miss Buckham goes up in a cherry picker.
Miss Jeanette Buckham retires and Mrs Gillian Moore is appointed as her successor. Mrs Gillian Moore, AO, MA, Dip.Ed, TC, MACE, MACEA has her induction service on 8 May 1989.
The last issue of the Pymble Ex-Students Magazine is published. A quarterly broadsheet was introduced then ESU news became part of the College Magazine.
The College takes part in the first Tournament of the Minds challenge in creative problem solving.
Pymble places first in every division in swimming, athletics and gymnastics in the IGSSA competitions.
Pymble appoints its first full-time resident Chaplain, Reverend Don Tallent.
The James Kelso Sports Field and Pavilion is officially opened by Liane Tooth, B.Ed., OAM (1979). An exhibition match is played between the Pymble First Eleven Hockey Team and the IGSSA Representative Team.
The College celebrates its 75th anniversary. A book titled This is Pymble College is published to pay tribute to the 75 years since the opening of Presbyterian Ladies’ College Pymble. The book is written by Margaret Coleman (1945) and launched by Dame Joan Hammond (1928).
Pymbulletin is published in colour for the first time and is mailed to students and ex-students.
Over 5,000 visitors share in celebrations at the Anniversary Open Day.