Junior Academic Scholarship
Available for entry in Year 7 2024
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a number of academic scholarships providing full or part remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to students entering Year 7. The awarding of scholarships is determined by results in the scholarship examination and successful interview.
All candidates for Year 7 2024 scholarships must sit the Academic Assessment Services examination on Sunday 14 August 2022.
The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for students living overseas).
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services (AAS).
- Candidates are to be in Year 5 and less than 12 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College. This essay will be requested when registering to sit the test with AAS.
- Amongst the Junior Academic Scholarships, our current Pymble Year 5 students are eligible for the internal Rosalie Ramsay Junior Academic Scholarship.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 7 2024.
- The scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for six years. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Registration for 2024 Junior Academic Scholarships are open.
Registration closes on Friday 5 August for those sitting the examination at the College. Candidates applying to sit the examination remotely, registrations close on Friday 29 July 2022.
The examination will be held at the College on Sunday 14 August 2022.