1st VIII Co-Coach (Rowing)
Our upcoming Rowing season is looking to build on the success of the last, and with this brings the need for an experienced Co-coach for our 1st VIII crew.
You will be an experienced high level school aged rowing coach or someone who is looking to take the next step in their coaching career, capable of leading our Senior 1st VIII and working within the Senior squad with a drive to contribute to Pymble’s positive and professional coaching culture. You will bring a strong enthusiasm and passion for rowing as well as your willingness to be a leader and promote the growth of women in sport.
Our kind of team member
You will display the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in the development and coaching of school-level rowers, with proven success.
- An inclusive, positive and enthusiastic approach to coaching.
- Knowledge and eagerness to continue to apply best practice in coaching.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven ability to maintain positive relationships and displays a good level of self-awareness.
- Proven conflict resolutions experience and skills, with the ability to take a balanced perspective when making decisions.
- Be a driven and passionate contributor to the team’s success.
- Excellent relationship management abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
Your kind of workplace
Pymble people are at the heart of what the College offers its students. That’s why every teacher, professional services and co-curricular staff member is valued for being the person they are, for the quality of their work, for their diverse contribution and for their wins – big and small. We express our appreciation in many ways, including through recognition programs, story sharing, celebrations, feedback and competitive remuneration.
We treasure our caring, collegiate community, which Pymble people often refer to as the ‘Pymble family’. We also appreciate that our family is not the only one in the lives of Pymble people, so we ‘walk the talk’ when it comes to supporting work-life balance, providing family benefits and contributing to community connections.
Your kind of benefits
The hourly rate is above award and competitive with superannuation and loading on top. Higher rates may be negotiated based on skills and experience. Overtime and attractive weekend penalties may also apply.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Access to our Aquatic and Fitness Centre, with free Yoga and Pilates classes
- A dedicated Staff Wellbeing team and regular social events, and
- Easy access with close public transport and onsite or nearby (street) parking at both locations
We also provide a wide range of opportunities for Pymble people to grow personally and professionally, including through growth strategies, training and professional development, career progression, access to technology and resources, and health and wellbeing opportunities.
Our kind of process
Please submit your application via the form below. Our process normally involves 2 rounds of interviews and reference checks.
The successful candidate must have a Working with Children Check clearance prior to engagement.
Pymble Ladies’ College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a workforce which represents the diverse society in which we live. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
We acknowledge the Durramurragal people as the traditional custodians of the land on which our College is built. We pay respect to elders past, present and future recognising the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 3.00PM MONDAY 17 AUGUST 2023.
Please note that applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may occur prior to the closing date.