Senior Academic Scholarship
Available for entry in Year 11 2023
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a number of academic scholarships providing up to 50 per cent remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to students entering Year 11. The awarding of scholarships is determined by academic performance, results in the scholarship examination and successful interview.
All candidates must sit the Academic Assessment Services examination on Sunday 29 August (for Year 11 2023 scholarships).
The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for overseas candidates).
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services.
- Candidates are to be in Year 9 and less than 16 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 11 2023.
- The scholarships cover up to 50 per cent remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for two years. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
- Registration for 2023 Scholarships are now open.
- Registration will close on Wednesday 18 August for candidates sitting the test remotely and on Friday 20 August for candidates sitting the exam at Pymble.
- The examination will be held at the College on Sunday 29 August 2021. Candidates in remote regions or overseas can elect to sit the test remotely when they register.