Performance Scholarship – Sport
Available for entry in Years 7 to 11 2024.
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a small number of Performance Scholarships – Sport providing full or part remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to students entering Years 7 to 11 who have a demonstrated ability in a particular sporting activity.
Please note that the scholarship selection process is competitive and not all candidates who meet the basic criteria proceed to interview in order to be considered for a scholarship.
Applicants for the 2024 Performance Scholarship – Sport must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination on Sunday 13 August. Candidates in regional and remote regions or overseas can elect to sit the test remotely when they register.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 6 to Year 10 and at least 11 years of age on 31 December 2023.
- Successful candidates must commence in 2024.
- Candidates must be Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Visa holders
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services (AAS).
- Candidates must register first for the AAS Academic Scholarship examination.
- Candidates must be competing at national or state level (or the highest possible equivalent depending on the sport for candidates in Year 6) in at least one sporting activity (team or individual) that is offered within the Pymble Sport and Activities program.
- Candidates must provide a list of achievements in their sport with proof of performance (see Supporting Documentation).
- Candidates may submit information for the previous 30 months for 2024 applications as a consequence of limited performance opportunities due to COVID-19.
- Candidates must support their scholarship application with two references outlining their suitability for a performance scholarship at the College. The references must be completed by a school coach or teacher, or a recognised club or regional, state, national or international coach in the candidate’s chosen activity (see Supporting Documentation).
- Candidates must supply copies of their Semester 2, 2022 and Semester 1, 2023 school reports and NAPLAN results.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain their high performance levels and represent the College as and when requested.
- The Scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for the duration of the student’s enrolment at the College. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
If your daughter is applying for the 2024 Performance Scholarship – Sport, she must complete the 2024 Performance Scholarship – Sport form and upload it along with her portfolio when registering. (The form will be available when applications open.)
Candidates may submit information for the previous 30 months for 2024 applications as a consequence of limited performance opportunities due to COVID-19.
Your daughter’s portfolio should include:
- completed 2024 Performance Scholarship – Sport form
- supporting evidence
- two reference letters supporting the candidate’s chosen activities
- Semester 2, 2022 and Semester 1, 2023 and last available NAPLAN test results.
Registration for 2024 Performance Scholarship – Sport will open in April 2023.
The examination will be held at the College on Sunday 13 August 2023.