Performance Scholarship – Sport
Available for entry in Years 7 to 11 2022.
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a small number of Performance Scholarships – Sport providing full or part remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to students entering Years 7 to 11 who have a demonstrated ability in a particular sporting activity.
Please note that the scholarship selection process is competitive and not all candidates who meet the basic criteria proceed to interview in order to be considered for a scholarship.
Applicants for the 2022 Performance Scholarship – Sport must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination on Sunday 29 August 2021. The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for overseas candidates).
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 6 to Year 10 and at least 11 years of age on 31 December 2021.
- Successful candidates must commence in 2022.
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services (AAS). Candidates must register first for the AAS Academic Scholarship examination.
- Candidates must be competing at national or state level (or the highest possible equivalent depending on the sport for candidates in Year 6) in at least one sporting activity (team or individual) that is offered within the Pymble Sport and Activities program.
- Candidates must provide a list of achievements in their sport with proof of performance (see Supporting Documentation).
- Candidates may submit information for the previous 30 months for 2022 applications as a consequence of limited performance opportunities due to COVID-19.
- Candidates must support their scholarship application with two references outlining their suitability for a performance scholarship at the College. The references must be completed by a school coach or teacher, or a recognised club or regional, state, national or international coach in the candidate’s chosen activity (see Supporting Documentation).
- Candidates must supply copies of their Semester 2, 2020 and Semester 1, 2021 school reports and NAPLAN results.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain their high performance levels and represent the College as and when requested.
- The Scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for the duration of the student’s enrolment at the College. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
If your daughter is applying for a Performance Scholarship – Sport, she must upload the following supporting documentation by Friday 20 August 2021:
- 2022 Performance Scholarship – Sport form
- TWO Coaches references (Page 2 & 3 of 2022 Performance Scholarship – Sport form)
- Semester 2, 2020 and Semester 1, 2021 and last available NAPLAN results
- Registration for 2022 Performance Scholarship – Sport is now open.
- Registration will close on Wednesday 18 August for candidates sitting the test remotely and on Friday 20 August for candidates sitting the exam at Pymble.
- The 2022 Performance Scholarship – Sport form and any additional documents making up a Portfolio must be submitted online through the AAS registration system before Friday 20 August 2021.
- Details of performance achievements subsequent to the closing date, may be submitted and will be considered up until candidate interviews. To add additional performance information email email@example.com
- The examination will be held at the College on Sunday 29 August 2021. Candidates in remote regions or overseas can elect to sit the test remotely when they register.