Pymble Ladies’ College is one of Australia’s leading schools for girls and young women. We recognise and celebrate the cultural diversity that is uniquely Pymble and understand the importance of engaging with our community. Students from overseas enrich our College in many ways. 

We remain committed to creating a personalised learning environment for each Pymble girl so she develops a passion for learning and scholarship, a strong assurance of her own worth, and the desire and values to contribute meaningfully to her local and global communities. 

We offer safe and welcoming Boarding facilities for students in Years 7 to 12. Rural Australian and international students mix as part of the Boarding family. Our Boarders enjoy the extensive grounds and facilities on campus and take part in a range of sporting and co-curricular activities. Our students from overseas come from Europe, the United States of America, Asia and South East Asia. 

Most Year 12 students gain first-round offers to the University of their choice, with popular courses being Medicine, Law, International Relations, Commerce, Engineering and Health Sciences. 

While the majority of our students choose to continue their tertiary education in Australia many of our graduates study overseas. 

Enrolment process for Overseas Students 

This information is relevant to students seeking to study at Pymble as an Overseas Student on a Subclass 500 visa. International Students who are Australian citizens or who will be residing in Australia as a Temporary Resident (TR) or Permanent Resident (PR) should apply to the College as a local student. The information is not relevant to local students.

The College is registered to accept Overseas Students from Kindergarten to Year 12 (CRICOS 03288K), however, at this time the College will only accept applications for an Overseas Student from Years 5 to Year 12. 

We offer the following courses: 

  • Primary School Studies (Kindergarten to Year 6) (07761M) 
  • Junior Secondary School Studies (Years 7 to 10) (074454B) and 
  • Senior Secondary School Studies (Years 11 and12) (074455A). 

All courses are conducted on site at Pymble Ladies’ College, Avon Road Pymble. 

Overseas Students are required to live with a parent when enrolled in the Junior School (Years 5 and 6). In the Secondary School (Years 7-12), Overseas Students must live:

  • with a parent or direct relative as outlined by Department of Home Affairs (DHA)
  • reside in the Boarding House and have a direct relative (approved by Department of Home Affairs) who can approve that appropriate accommodation and welfare has been arranged for the student which is required as part of Overseas Student Subclass 500 visa application. Pymble does not accept Home Stay arrangements. 

Overseas students enrolled at Pymble Ladies’ College are governed by the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code

In order to be considered for enrolment at Pymble Ladies’ College, Overseas Students are required to: 

  • Submit a completed Application for Enrolment form
  • Pay the non-refundable Application Fee of $440 (GST included). 
  • Provide a copy of the student’s birth certificate, translated into English if necessary and certified. 
  • Provide a copy of the information page from the student’s passport. 
  • Provide a copy of the student’s two latest school reports (full year), translated into English, if necessary, and certified. 
  • Provide a certificate of English fluency from the Australian Education Assessment Service (AEAS).  See English requirements at Pymble (note the AEAS test results are valid for 12 months). Pymble reserves the right to conduct an internal English assessment, in addition to the AEAS results, as part of the interview process. 
  • Be prepared to take out Overseas Student Health Cover prior to a Student Visa being granted. (See additional costs outlined on the College Fees webpage.) 
  • Provide a completed Overseas Student Guardian or Local Carer Form with their application.

If a place is not available in the grade and the year requested, your daughter’s application will be placed on a waiting list. Applications received more than two year’s prior to entry will be placed on a waitlist. 

Two years prior to entry, if a place is available, the Enrolments Manager will contact you regarding your intention to proceed with your daughter’s enrolment and will request updated school reports and details of your daughter’s education history. The College reserves the right to request an AEAS test, or internal English assessment with our EAL/D staff, at any time within 12 months of entry. 

In the year prior to entry, an interview with the Head of School and Director of Boarding (if necessary) will be arranged. Interviews are generally conducted at the College but can be arranged online if necessary. All students must be interviewed before a Confirmed Place at the College is offered. The College reserves the right to decline to offer a confirmed place.

Following a successful interview, a Confirmed Place is offered. Your acceptance of this offer is finalised by the payment of the Acceptance and Entry Fees and the signed Letter of Offer and Written Agreement and Student Guardian form if applicable. 

Upon receipt of these fees and documentation, an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) will be issued to enable you to apply for your daughter’s student visa to enter Australia. The eCoE will be sent electronically to the parents’ and agent’s supplied email addresses. 

When your daughter’s visa has been granted, please forward the visa documentation to the Enrolments Department, who will send pre-commencement information outlining arrangements for her relocation and commencement at the College.

College fees and other charges are subject to change and may vary from year to year. Tuition and Boarding fees are set annually by the College Council. Any increase in fees during the period of study will apply to both new and continuing students. The College fees are outlined on the College Fees webpage

Studying at Pymble and in Australia 

Detailed information about Studying at Pymble as an Overseas Student and how your daughter will be supported during her time at the College can be found in the Overseas Student (CRICOS) Handbook.

Information about studying in Australia in general can be found on the Government website

Students studying at Pymble follow the academic year outlined in the Term Dates section of this website. 

Education agents 

Some parents of Overseas Students prefer to use an agent who speaks their own language and is familiar with the procedures. Agents can make the process fast and efficient as they are experienced in dealing with the issues concerned. Agents may charge a fee for their services and may also offer additional services. Pymble Ladies’ College accepts applications from all agents but only pays our official agents a commission following the successful commencement of the student. 

Pymble Ladies’ College has appointed the following official education agents: 

iEducation & Training Group Ltd 
Room 1009, 10/F, 8 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong 
Tel: (+852) 2574 7738 | Fax: (+852) 2574 8131 | |

aec Education Consultancy 
1402 Causeway Bay Plaza 1, 489 Hennessy Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong 
Tel: (+852) 2598 6166 | Fax: (+852) 2598 6390 |

Austar Group Ltd 
Room 1703 Hanzhong Plaza, No 158 Hanzhong Road, Shanghai 20 0070 
Tel: (+86) 21 6353 6656 | Fax: (+86) 21 6353 6188 |

J & J International Education (Shanghai) Co. 
Suite A1, Level 14, Building No. 1, Lane 345
South Ruijin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai PRC 200023
Tel: (+86) 21 5425 5916 | Fax: (+86) 21 6486 8080 |