Ex-Students’ Union Scholarship
Available for entry in Year 11 2024
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a scholarship providing 50 per cent remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to a student who is entering Year 11 and who is the daughter or granddaughter of an ex-student of Pymble Ladies’ College (formerly Presbyterian Ladies’ College, Pymble).
All candidates must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination on Sunday 14 August 2022.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services. Candidates must apply first for the AAS Senior Academic Scholarship examination.
- Candidates are to be in Year 9 and less than 17 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must first register for the Senior Academic Scholarship through Academic Assessment Services in order to register for the ESU scholarship.
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College. This essay will be requested when registering to sit the test with AAS.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 11 2024.
- The scholarship covers 50 per cent remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for Year 11 2024 and Year 12 2025. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Recipients of this scholarship are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Attend and participate in various events during the term of the scholarship (such as the annual Commemoration Day Service) and to act as an ambassador of both the College and the ESU.
- Submit an article about themselves to the ESU Newsletter.
- Join the ESU Committee and to meaningfully contribute to its activities for at least two years within five years of their completion of Year 12.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that recipients of this scholarship maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Registration for the 2024 ESU Scholarship is open.
Registration closes on Friday 5 August for those sitting the examination at the College. Candidates applying to sit the examination remotely, registrations close on Friday 29 July 2022.
The examination will be held at the College on Sunday 14 August 2022.