Available for entry in Years 7 to 11 2024
The recipients of an All-rounder Scholarship are typically students who will add to the life of the College in areas of service, culture, sport and academia. All-round excellence will benchmark this student. Characteristically this student will be a very high academic achiever, with demonstrated strengths in a number of areas, which may include (but are not limited to) sport, community service, dance, drama, music, visual and language arts.
Please note that the scholarship selection process is highly competitive and not all candidates who meet the basic criteria proceed to interview in order to be considered for a scholarship.
Applicants for the 2024 All-rounder Scholarship must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination on Sunday 13 August. Candidates in regional and remote regions or overseas can elect to sit the test remotely when they register.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 6 to Year 10 and at least 11 years of age on 31 December 2023.
- Candidates must be Australian Citizens or Australian Permanent Visa holders
- Successful candidates must commence in 2024.
- The scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for the duration of the student’s enrolment at the College. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain their high academic and performance levels and represent the College as and when requested.
- The College Board reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services (AAS). Candidates must register first for the relevant AAS Academic Scholarship examination. Eligible candidates will score results in Stanine 8 – 9 in all testing categories.
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of a developing or sustained commitment to community service initiatives or organisations in their school, local or global community. (The age of the candidate will be taken into consideration.)
Candidates must have completed the following AMEB Grades or equivalent:
- AMEB Grade 6 (or equivalent) or above for piano.
- AMEB Grade 6 (or equivalent) or above for violin.
- AMEB Grade 3 (or equivalent) or above for other string instruments, flute, clarinet and saxophone.
- AMEB Grade 2 (or equivalent) or above for all other wind and brass instruments.
Candidates must be competing at national or state level (or the highest possible equivalent depending on the sport for candidates in Year 6) in at least one sporting activity (team or individual) that is offered within the Pymble Sport and Activities program.
Candidates must show a demonstrated passion for dance, which includes extensive performance and training experience either as a style specialist or as versatile dancer and be willing to participate in the Dance programs at the College.
Candidates must show a demonstrated passion for the dramatic arts, which may include participation in the AMEB or Trinity programs and performance experience at the student’s current school.
Candidates will be a debater and/or public speaker who has represented her school, where opportunities exist.
Candidates must display a demonstrated passion for visual arts as evidenced by a portfolio of work.
If your daughter is applying for the 2024 All-rounder Scholarship, she must complete the 2024 All-rounder Scholarship form and upload it along with her portfolio when registering.
Candidates may submit information for the previous 30 months for 2024 applications as a consequence of limited performance opportunities due to COVID-19.
Your daughter’s portfolio should include:
- completed 2024 All-rounder Scholarship form
- supporting evidence
- two reference letters supporting the candidate’s chosen activities
- Semester 2, 2022 and Semester 1, 2023 and last available NAPLAN test results.
Registration for the 2023 All-rounder Scholarship is closed.
Registration for the 2024 All-rounder Scholarship opens on Wednesday 26 April 2023 and closes on Friday 4 August 2023. NOTE – For students sitting the examination remotely, registrations close Friday 28 July.
The examination will be held at the College on Sunday 13 August 2023.