(Available for entry in Years 7 to 11 2020)
The recipients of an All-rounder Scholarship are typically students who will add to the life of the College in areas of service, culture, sport and academia. All-round excellence will benchmark this student. Characteristically this student will be a very high academic achiever, with demonstrated strengths in a number of areas, which may include (but are not limited to) sport, community service, drama, music, visual and language arts.
Applicants for the 2020 All-rounder Scholarship must sit the Academic Assessment Services examination on Saturday 19 October 2019. The Scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for overseas candidates).
Please note registration for the 2021 All-rounder Scholarship will open in 2020.
The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for students living overseas).
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 6 to Year 10 and at least 11 years of age on 31 December 2019.
- Successful candidates must commence in 2020.
- The scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for the duration of the student’s enrolment at the College. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that students maintain their high academic and performance levels and represent the College as and when requested.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services (AAS). Candidates must register first for the relevant AAS Academic Scholarship examination. Eligible candidates will score results in Stanine 8 – 9 in all testing categories.
Candidates will be able to provide evidence of a developing or sustained commitment to community service initiatives or organisations in their school, local or global community. (The age of the candidate will be taken into consideration.)
Candidates must have completed the following AMEB Grades or equivalent:
- AMEB Grade 6 (or equivalent) or above for piano.
- AMEB Grade 6 (or equivalent) or above for violin.
- AMEB Grade 3 (or equivalent) or above for other string instruments, flute, clarinet and saxophone.
- AMEB Grade 2 (or equivalent) or above for all other wind and brass instruments.
Candidates must be competing at national level in one sporting activity or state level in two sporting activities (team or individual) that are offered within the Pymble Sport and Activities program.
Candidates must show a demonstrated passion for the dramatic arts, which may include participation in the AMEB or Trinity programs and performance experience at the student’s current school.
Candidates will be a debater and/or public speaker who has represented her school, where opportunities exist.
Candidates must display a demonstrated passion for visual arts as evidenced by a portfolio of work.
If your daughter is applying for a All-rounder Scholarship, she must complete an additional form and supply a portfolio. The form is available to download from this page and must be submitted to the College before Friday 11 October 2019. The portfolio should include supporting evidence, two reference letters supporting the candidate’s chosen activities, the last year of school reports and NAPLAN test results.
Please note Portfolios are due during the school holiday period. Late portfolios will not be accepted so ensure you have finalised the portfolio and references prior to the school holidays.
Portfolios are not returned to applicants so please provide copies of relevant documentation.
Applications for 2020 Scholarships: Applications are open.
Deadline for 2020 Scholarship Applications: Applications close on Friday 11 October 2019 or Friday 4 October 2019 if candidates are sitting the test remotely.
Your daughter’s portfolio of achievements, including the required additional forms, must be submitted before Friday 11 October 2019 by post or delivered to College Reception (see note under ‘Supporting Documentation’ regarding the due date).