Available each year for Year 7 entry
Pymble Ladies’ College offers the equivalent of one scholarship providing full or part remission from academic tuition fees (excluding boarding fees and extras) to a boarding student entering Year 7. The awarding of an Alanda Clark, Jane Gay and Prudence Papworth Boarding Scholarship is determined by results in the scholarship examination and successful interview. The successful candidate must exhibit a willingness and ability to enter fully into the life of the College and to participate in sporting and extra-curricular activities as well as she is able.
All candidates must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination. The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for overseas candidates).
All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through AAS. Candidates must apply first for the AAS Academic Scholarship examination.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 5 and under 12 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must be a boarding student from a rural region (not necessarily NSW).
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 7 2019.
- The scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for six years. Boarding fees and all other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that recipients of this Scholarship uphold Pymble’s five core values and represent the Boarding Community with pride.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.