The Alanda Clark, Jane Gay and Prudence Papworth Boarding Scholarship
(Available for entry in Year 7 2020)
Pymble Ladies’ College offers the equivalent of one scholarship providing full or part remission from academic tuition fees (excluding Boarding fees and extras) to a Boarding student entering Year 7. The awarding of an Alanda Clark, Jane Gay and Prudence Papworth Boarding Scholarship is determined by results in the scholarship examination and successful interview. The successful candidate must exhibit a willingness and ability to enter fully into the life of the College and to participate in sporting and co-curricular activities to the best of her ability.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be in Year 5 and less than 12 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must be a Boarding student from a rural region (not necessarily NSW).
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 7 2020.
- The scholarship covers full or part remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for six years. Boarding fees and all other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that recipients of this Scholarship uphold Pymble’s five core values (Care, Courage, Integrity, Respect and Responsibility) and represent the Boarding community with pride.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Scholarship applications are now open and close on Friday 12 October 2018 or Friday 5 October 2018 if candidates are sitting the test remotely.