Available for entry in Year 11 2022.
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a scholarship providing 50 per cent remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to a student who is entering Year 11 and who is the daughter or granddaughter of an ex-student of Pymble Ladies’ College (formerly Presbyterian Ladies’ College, Pymble).
All candidates must sit the Academic Assessment Services examination on Saturday 5 September 2020. The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for students living overseas).
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services. Candidates must apply first for the AAS Senior Academic Scholarship examination.
- Candidates are to be in Year 9 and less than 16 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 11 2022.
- The scholarship covers 50 per cent remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for Year 11 2022 and Year 12 2023. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Recipients of this scholarship are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Attend and participate in various events during the term of the scholarship (such as the annual Commemoration Day Service) and to act as an ambassador of both the College and the ESU.
- Submit an article about themselves to the ESU Newsletter.
- Join the ESU Committee and to meaningfully contribute to its activities for at least two years within five years of their completion of Year 12.
- The ex-student mother or grandmother of the recipient will be asked to join the ESU Committee and to meaningfully contribute to its activities for the term of the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that recipients of this scholarship maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Registration for 2022 Scholarships opens on Friday 12 June 2020.
Registration for 2022 Scholarships closes on Friday 28 August 2020 and on Wednesday 19 August 2020 for candidates who are sitting the exam remotely.
Scholarship examination Saturday 5 September 2020 at Pymble Ladies’ College.