Available each year for Year 11 entry
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a scholarship providing 50 per cent remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to a student who is entering Year 11 and who is the daughter or granddaughter of an ex-student of Pymble Ladies’ College (formerly Presbyterian Ladies’ College, Pymble).
All candidates must sit the Academic Assessment Services (AAS) examination on Saturday 14 October 2017 (for 2019 Scholarships). The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for overseas candidates).
All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through AAS. Candidates must apply first for the AAS Senior Academic Scholarship examination.
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- Candidates are to be under 16 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate fully in the life of the College and to provide leadership in activities to which she is particularly suited.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 11 2019.
- The scholarship covers 50 per cent remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for Year 11 2019 and Year 12 2020. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that recipients of this scholarship maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Registrations for 2019 scholarships are now open and the deadline for registration is Friday 6 October 2017 or Friday 29 September 2017 if candidates are sitting the test remotely.