(Available for entry in Year 11 2021)
Pymble Ladies’ College offers a scholarship providing 50 per cent remission from academic tuition fees (excluding extras) to a student who is entering Year 11 and who is the daughter or granddaughter of an ex-student of Pymble Ladies’ College (formerly Presbyterian Ladies’ College, Pymble).
All candidates must sit the Academic Assessment Services examination on Saturday 19 October 2019. The scholarship examination will be held at the College or remotely (for country candidates and, in some cases, for students living overseas).
Criteria and Steps to Apply
- All applications for scholarship testing must be made online through Academic Assessment Services. Candidates must apply first for the AAS Senior Academic Scholarship examination.
- Candidates are to be in Year 9 and less than 16 years of age on 31 December of the examination year.
- Candidates must submit a 300 to 500 word autobiographical essay indicating their special interests and the contribution they would make to the life of the College.
- Successful candidates must commence in Year 11 2021.
- The scholarship covers 50 per cent remission of tuition fees (excluding extras) for Year 11 2021 and Year 12 2022. All other expenses are to be met at the full rate.
- Recipients of this scholarship are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Attend and participate in various events during the term of the scholarship (such as the annual Commemoration Day Service) and to act as an ambassador of both the College and the ESU.
- Submit an article about themselves to the ESU Newsletter.
- Join the ESU Committee and to meaningfully contribute to its activities for at least two years within five years of their completion of Year 12.
- The ex-student mother or grandmother of the recipient will be asked to join the ESU Committee and to meaningfully contribute to its activities for the term of the scholarship.
- Scholarships will be reviewed on an annual basis and it is the College’s expectation that recipients of this scholarship maintain a high academic standard throughout their schooling.
- The College Council reserves the right to withdraw a scholarship from any scholarship holder.
Applications for 2021 Scholarships: Applications open on Tuesday 23 July 2019.
Deadline for 2021 Scholarship Applications: Applications close on Friday 11 October 2019 or Friday 4 October 2019 if candidates are sitting the test remotely.